Chocolate Cake Recipe with Homemade Sprinkles & Fudge Frosting
Today I Will Share with you, how to make this simple and decadent Chocolate Cake Recipe with Chocolate Fudge Frosting, which I think might be your new favorite. Plus, discover the secret behind my Homemade Sprinkles.
Best-Ever Chocolate Cake Recipe
1 3/4 cups (250g/9oz) all-purpose flour
2 cups (400g/14oz) sugar
3/4 cup (2oz/50g) unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup (225g/8floz) buttermilk*
1/2 cup (115G/4oz ) vegetable oil, or any flavorless oil
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup (225g/8floz) freshly brewed hot coffee
Chocolate Fudge Frosting Recipe:
1 cup (225g/8oz) butter, at room temperature
6 cups (1lb 8oz/675g ) powdered sugar, SIFTED
1 1/3 cup (115g/4oz) cocoa
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup (51/2floz/165g) whole milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350oF (180oC). Butter and line 3 8-inch x 2-inch round cake pans. You can use 2 times, I just wanted 3 layers in mine.
2. Sift the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. Whisk the ingredients together by hand.
3. In another bowl, combine the buttermilk, oil, eggs, vanilla, and coffee
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and GENTLY mix the batter just to combine. Do not over mix or beat as this cake can toughen up.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pans and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean.
6. Note: this cake cooks fast so check if after 25 minutes. You don’t want to overcook it.
7. Cool in the pans for 30 minutes, then turn them out onto a cooling rack and cool completely.
Buttermilk Substitute: You can make a replacement for buttermilk by mixing 1 cup of milk with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Let it sit for 30 minutes at room temperature, then use.
To make the Fudge Frosting:
1. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat room temperature butter until lightly fluffy. Add the sifted powdered sugar 1 spoon at a time and mix well. It will get light in color and bigger
2. Add vanilla and cocoa, and the milk, scraping down the sides of the bowl as you work.
3. Turn mixer on medium high. Beat frosting until light, fluffy and of spreading consistency.
4. If the frosting is too thick, slowly add more milk or half and a half, one tablespoon at a time, until it reaches the desired consistency.
5. You can use the frosting immediately, or store it in the refrigerator for 3 days, or freeze it for up to 3 months. Allow frosting to come to room temperature before using.
1. Place 1 layer, flat side up, on a flat plate or cake pedestal.
2. Create a crumb layer: With a knife or offset spatula, spread the top with frosting. Place the second layer on top, rounded side up, and spread the frosting evenly on the top and sides of the cake.
3. Put the cake in the fridge and let the crumb layer set for around 30 minutes (this will make the finished product look really clean)
4. Take the cake from the fridge and put on another, final layer of frosting. Try and get it as smooth as you can.
5. To finish the top of your cake, take a spoon that has been dipped in hot water and dried. Work from the outside in and create a swirl until you get to the center.
6. Finish your cake off with your homemade sprinkles.
7. Store at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 4 days. If storing in the fridge make sure it reaches room temperature before eating.
For More Recipes Visit Our Website: https://thetrendsplus.com
Like Our Facebook Page
Keyword: Chocolate Cake Recipe, Supper Recipes,