Chocolate Pavlova Cake Recipe with Strawberries and Cream
Chocolate Pavlova Cake Recipe with Chocolate Cream and Strawberries.
For the meringue
8 egg whites (room temperature)
2 cups granulated (caster) sugar
2 1/2 tablespoons dutch cocoa powder
1 teaspoon of white vinegar
2 teaspoons of cornflour
For the filling:
2 cups whipped cream
8 oz 72% chocolate
Extra whipped cream for filling
1. Preheat oven to 240˚F (120oC). Place a sheet of baking paper on two large baking tray and draw 20cm (8″) rounds.
2. Separate your eggs making utmost care not to contaminate the egg whites with an egg yolk. Any fat in the egg whites will prevent them from beating properly and will weigh them down.
3. Beat your egg whites until they have formed soft peaks, and slowly add your sugar, cornflour, and vinegar one tablespoon at a time and beat until stiff peaks form. Turn your bowl upside down to make sure the whites are stiff enough. If not, beat another minute or so then check again.
4. Sift the cocoa powder into the raw meringue and fold through carefully ensuring you leave streaks of cocoa rather than fully incorporating it.
5. Shape the meringue into the two rounds on the baking paper/trays. Bake for 90 minutes. Do not remove meringues until oven is cool. Preferably leave the meringue in the oven overnight to dry out. THE MERINGUE CAN BE MADE DAYS IN ADVANCE.
To make the chocolate cream: Melt the chocolate and set it aside to cool down. Once cooled add 1 cup of cream to it and mix it with a spoon. Do this fast because otherwise, the chocolate might harden. Then follow with the 1 more cup of cream and continue to mix.
To assemble layer the chocolate cream, cream, and strawberries on 1 meringue circle. Sandwich with the other meringue and garnish the top. Once assembled I suggest eating it in 24 hours as it goes soft.
For More Recipes Visit Our Website: https://thetrendsplus.com/
Like Our Facebook Page
Keywords: Chocolate Pavlova Cake Recipe,